Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Life Is Absurd


From sudden deaths and hospitalization to proposals and conceptions.


Life is a constant rebirth. A flow of absurd energy. It is a circle as "The Lion King" says.


And the more sense we try to make of it, the more we drive ourselves insane.


And through it all the wind still blows. The world turns and the rain falls as if nothing is "wrong", significant or changing.


This is life as we know it. With each breath there is a final exhale and a first inhale.


I feel honored to be part of it.


I smelled fresh baking bread this morning as the sun rose.


For a brief moment I was back in South Africa again and thought I might just find my home stay mother making biscuits in the kitchen as I walked out the door for my walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment